Sunday 16 January 2011

Hugh's Fish Fight

I finally caught up on the weeks viewing and watched Hughs fish fight today. I thought I was up to speed on discard policy, CFP and the tangle of competing interests that result in what feels like an inevitable failure of our global attempts to manage fish stocks. Seeing some of the impact on television troubled me deeply though.

It is clear that the current policy needs to change and that the public is the best tool to do it. Here's my promise. My next three fish meals will not be cod, haddock or plaice and I will use the most effective short term vote I have, my spending power and food choices, to make a contribution. In the meantime I've added a widget for the duration of the campaign. I know not many people read this blog, but for those that do, I urge you to check it out for yourself and decide what you can do to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment